Ooh, a shiny pen

Random things that pass thru my sometimes crazy life and mind.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Customer Service

As any of you that have read my blog know I got a new horse this Christmas. Prior to Christmas I purchased my Abetta Saddle from Horse and Rider here in Amarillo. I spent a bit of time at the store, picking out and ordering my saddle and other horse type items. As well as a foal blanket for my beloved Scooby.

Well today I went back into Horse and Rider to purchase a cinch in order to ride Lily tomorrow. As I entered the store the manager came up to me and asked if there was anything I needed help with. Per my usual reply "No thanks" ( I am not really a people person). After looking around for a bit I ended up approaching the manager to get his assistance in selecting the correct sized cinch. As we are walking over he turned to me and asked "Well, did you get her?" I was thinking maybe he had me confused with someone else. Then he asked if she "was everything I had hoped she would be" I then realized he did in fact remember me and that I had purchased my saddle for Lily before I got her.

It is that little bit of recognition that despite slightly higher prices I will give my business to Horse and Rider. Hugh is an asset to the store and I recommend stopping by for any of your equine needs.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Awesome! Its good to know there are still people in this world that care about others! Obviously, he sees people as people & not just money coming in!

Sandy said...

I love good customer service! and do not shop where I don't get it. Now I know where to shop for your holiday presents...lol.