Ooh, a shiny pen

Random things that pass thru my sometimes crazy life and mind.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Pedigrees and Registered Animals

I was looking at my horse's pedigree, Oh My Baby Doll,


today and was noticing (very pleased) that she has all individual horses on her papers. That is turn caused me to look at my other horse's, Cashette and Run,






papers and she too has all separate horses on her page. So I was looking up my other friend's horse, RTR Doc's Double Echo,

and she has the same horse on her Sire's side and her Dam's side. At what point is it "double bred" and not inbreeding? I am confused on this point. I have looked up several "opinions" on this and am still confused....lol

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I am ignorant of anything other than the fact that all three of those pretty ponies look mighty similar...lol